CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Away

Brian and I had a quick get away last week to The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera outside of the Beaver Creek/Vail area. It was a beautiful place, a little isolated, but it was nice to get away for a day and a half. If you're looking for a place to golf, or play tennis, or just chill it's great.

Isn't it pretty?! Views from our room...






We decided to do a 1.8 mile hike that started at about 9000 ft and climbed to about 11,500 ft. Notice there are no pictures at the top? hmmm... I hit grumpy and tired at about 1.6 miles and about an hour into it... here are some pictures from before I made Brian go back down - which was also hard! ugh!








Our new Christmas tree?!



Brian even managed to squeeze in a little fishing :)


The morning we woke up to leave we were greeting with a snowy surprise! The first snow of the year on the mountain tops! (Glad we weren't hiking today!)



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Grumpy Lauren is no fun! :-b

SO beautiful, no wonder y'all moved out of Texas!

The Long Family said...

Again...such a beautiful state you are in. Wow - you all hit snow lots sooner than we did ..not too bad for living in "terrible" Buffao!!

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

What a beautiful get away!! We love those little get always. They are the best!!

That hike sounds hard!! Beautiful, but hard! I am like you Lauren (so don’t feel bad). I sometimes get grumpy on hikes when they are really steep and seem to last forever :) Especially when Serg seems to power up the mountain with no problems at all and I am lagging behind. I am very competitive so this makes me grumpy :) He has joked with me at times and even called me "Grumpy Hiker" :) I usually don’t admit this but since you admitted it first, why not :)