


After the walk, we headed to Penrose to pick apples!!! (Please submit recipes to help me use them up in the comments ;) ) We were a little late in the season, but there were still a few ones way up high!








So, after apple picking we decided we were so close to Canon City, why not check out the Royal Gorge?! I'll tell you why not, because it's $25 per adult and $20 per kid. Which gets you in the gate to see the gorge that they have fenced all around so you have to pay to get in the "park". However, once inside the park sans $70 we come to find out everything is closed b/c it's off season! How terrible is that?! Colorado is the worst about ripping you off to see natural attractions! So, with no restraunts, rides, or ammenities open, we road the incline to the bottom, took a pic and road back up... If you wanted to get your money's worth I guess you could have ridden the carousel about 50 times, but once was enough for me! Save your money, I took pictures ;)
Ryan was NOT a fan of moving plastic horses...






2 comments:
I am exhausted just reading about your day!
Wow, what a cool day! I love those action packed full days of fun stuff.
What a great cause to be walking for!! That is awesome! We would love to donate to that. What steps are being taken to stop it?? We would love to learn more.
I love the video of Ryan on the "Roller Coaster". I think it took him a few minutes at the end to get over the excitement. That was fun to watch!
I love the apple picking pictures. I love apples and making apple butter and applesauce in the crock pot this time of year.
The pictures of the Royal Gorge are so pretty, but I agree that we should not have to pay for what God made all of us to see for free :) I also understand that there should be a small fee for upkeep etc....but $70 come on, that is crazy. I think there should have been a refund in place :)
Let us know what you decide to do with all those apples :)
Post a Comment