CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Favorites from Breck

August has been such a busy monthy! Emily started school, Ryan celebrated his 1st birthday, Brian's mom and dad came to visit, then we went to the DeSutter family reunion in Breckinridge, followed by a visit from the Longs. We had so much fun... I'm sure we'll be very bored real soon! Here are some of my favorite photos from Breck.

We went on a tour of one of the old gold mines.Daddy tried to roll Ryan down the railway over the cliff.... oh daddy.

Here they are panning for gold!


The girls went on a horseback ride in the valley... so pretty.





Gondola ride anyone? I'm pretty sure I have a very similar picture from 2 years ago, just with smaller children.








This might be Emily's favorite part of the whole vacation - the alpine slide!


The cousins enjoyed playing in the hot tub one night.


Here we are at the start of our big hike!




1/2 log house in woods...







Em and Josh in the old cabin from 1883.




The terrain got a little tricky in parts... Ryan held on like a champ!




We hiked out to a small lake that Brian was very pleased to discover had trout ;)




And, a catapillar of course!




5 comments:

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

Wow! Great pictures!!

Looks like so much fun. What a beautiful area. I love the outdoor alpine slide (How long did the slide go??) and the gold mine tour. Panning for gold?? How cool!! Did you get any :)??

The horseback ride in valley is beautiful. Hiking?? I am so jealous. Serg and I love hiking and have been so busy with not much time to get out in the mountains. Perfect way to soak up after a long day hiking is the hot tub. So relaxing!!

BTW.....Love the picture of Emily with the cute little green catapillar. I am glad she is not affraid of bugs :)

Love all the great pictures!! Keep them coming.

Renee Westcott said...

Great pictures! Lydia misses her cousins so much. Thanks for bringing the delish birthday cake too. Somehow I managed to lose weight while eating cake all day long.

The Long Family said...

Good Job Lauren getting picture posted..I have got to get with it. What wonderful sweet memories..we miss you so much allread. When anyone askes Matthew what he did this summer his first answer is "I got to sleep at Emily's"!!

Lauren and Brian said...

I'm not sure how long the slide was... veryyy long... especially the 2nd time after she flew off at the top! Girls got skillz. She found a few flecks of something gold colored ;) And, Tash, I have a great post coming your way soon... as soon as I get time;)

Ne, no fair.

That's so cute of Mathew... we miss all the cousins too! ... there's a house just down the street... ;)

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

We have been waiting for that post :) Can't wait:)